On Wednesday, February 17, 2016, stereographer, artist, and New York Stereoscopic Association member Maximus Clarke will give a presentation to the NYSA on the 3D art projects he has created over the last six years. Works featured will include:
• 3DOLATRY, a 2011 series of portraits composited with stereo background plates, each paired with a deconstructed version of itself.
• PER SPECULUM IN ÆNIGMATE, a 2013 series of pixelated 3D images overlaid with QR codes containing encrypted messages.
• EMERGENT HYPERSTEREO LIVING ROOM, a 2014 video exploring depth and flatness through pixelation of a 3D image.
• AROUND THE CLOCK, a 2014 video loop of 3D images shot inside a historic Long Island City clocktower, paired with ambient audio.
• ABSTRACT CONCRETE, a 2015 3D video loop set in a virtual environment constructed from photographs of brutalist architecture.
• RENDER, Clarke’s sculptural/video installation in a subterranean chamber of Fort Jay during the 2015 Governors Island Art Fair.